Tuesday, December 05, 2006

One last look.

We had our last NST today. Our last chance to see the girls before they arrive.

It really is difficult to imagine how big they're actually going to be based on what is on the screen. If it were actual size, they'd be HUGE! The foot we saw was big, like about 2.5-3" long. But we could see toes... they looked like pudgy little toes. And long fingers, or so they seemed. We'll find out in 2 days time.

We have been so fortunate to be able to see the girls develop during this pregnancy. It has allowed me, and I'm sure Gina, too, to bond with them in a completely different way. I can't feel them the way she can, obviously, but I could see them and all their bits. It's also been reassuring because we were able to see they were developing properly. It's really been quite awesome.

Everyone asks if I'm getting excited. I've been excited for about 35 weeks, 6 days but I don't have that belly full of caffeine feeling...yet. I don't know if it's going to start tomorrow, or on Thursday morning, or when we are going into the O.R., or I first see them, or the first time I get to hold one of them. I do have a sneaking suspicion we aren't even prepared for the whirlwind that is about to hit us. Sure, everything is stocked up and in it's place, but as soon as the girls get dropped in the middle of all this organization it'll be a different story. .. I'm guessing we won't even have time to notice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
I'm so excited right now!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys
I can't sleep ! Holy poop I'm excited. Ok, breath deep Michelle, you'll hear from Scott soon enough ! Oh boy ! Oh boy ! Oh boy ! Who can sleep ???? I really hope Gina is sleeping. Can't wait. I love you guys !