Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How bad are we?

Sure this looks innocent enough. They're just enjoying their breakfast right?


And the Backyardigans! A little TV with breakfast...just like Mommy and Daddy. We're just so bad.
These girls are so gosh darn cute these days.
They dance and sing and keep us in stitches. They have both developed so much personality and I hope it continues. Sometimes they're shy but quickly warm up and other times they're completely gregarious from the get-go.
We went to Costco last week and the girls were waving at everyone. A Mom walked by with her son in her arms and Tilly waved to him...and he waved back. It was so cute.
They're talking, too, but for the life of me I can't understand any of it except 1 or 2 words. Mama and Dada they've got down pat but only a few others including diaper, poop, dog, bottle, banana... The thing that amazes me is how much they understand. I can tell them to get their other shoe and they'll do it or to give something to mommy and they'll bring it to her. The best was this morning, Tilly pulled their placemats out of a bag and was carrying them around. I made up their sippy cups and the girls made a fuss for them but I told Tilly to put the placemats back in the bag... AND SHE DID!!! She went over and picked the overturned bag up off the floor and put them both into the bag then came and got her bottle. How do they know what we're saying?
They do talk to each other and I swear they understand themselves. Last night at dinner, or maybe it was the night before, Tilly was focusing on something when Poppy said something to her while holding her fork out, offering it and what was on it to Tilly. She put down her fork, turned to Poppy's and took it without missing a beat. I'm convinced Tilly knew what Poppy said.
I hope to be that smart someday!

1 comment:

katintheoc said...

Mom says Laura and I didn't speak to anyone but each other until we were almost 2! Why talk to anyone else when your best friend knows what you're saying??