Sunday, August 20, 2006

More news.

3 weeks ago we got some great news. During an ultrasound we found out that one of the twins was a girl. Both of us wanted a girl and I couldn't imagine anything else. We have all these incredibly cute clothes and accessories that Mommy has collected and so all I can imagine is having a girl. I say "a girl" because I also wanted a son. You know, someone to look out for his sister, someone to teach about cars and building things, someone to enjoy a beer with... when he gets older of course, and someone to... well... balance the estrogen levels in our house. You know - 2 and 2. Sounds ideal huh? That's what I was thinking. Our accupuncturist said she was detecting a boy and so we have been calling "Baby A" a boy and referring to "him" when she felt a kick or how "he" was positioned. We just hoped "he" would cooperate at the next ultrasound by uncrossing his legs so we could confirm what we already knew.

Friday was that day and he surely did cooperate and there is was for all the world to see... nothing. And it was clear, in an instant our little boy was now our little girl. I'm shooting nothing but xxxxxxxxx's. That makes 3 including our little angel Teagan. So now it's 3 days later and I'm over the shock. I'm okay with it... really... no, I mean it. I told Gina that from now on we're having nothing but boy dogs!

So now we can start planning the nursery. We'll need 2 of everything, of course, and since they are already princesses, I think I've found the perfect crib. When they get older we can upgrade to this bed. Unfortunately linens aren't included. Now how do we register?

2 comments:

JJ said...

Hey.. a girl can be taught about cars and building things, and can enjoy a beer with you.. I mean look at me!! I'm the son you never had! (ha ha) I'll be the girls' adopted "big brother."
; )

Anonymous said...

It's such fun to read what you write, Scott. You have a gift in writing. I (we) know you love your long awaited baby girls and when they finally arrive, which will be sooner than you both think, you and Gina will be so thrilled to hold each of them close and they can see the love in your eyes as you do in theirs'. what a wonder; what a gift; and Lord knows we can't think of any two people who deserve this wonderful blessing and gift from God more than the two of you. As grandparents of "twins", we are even more blessed, for it's not often you (us) have twins and have them followed up by a set the next generation ---- so we are all so blessed. I love what you have written not only about the "girls" but about Teagan as well. I know she will always be an important part of your lives and Dad and I continue to pray that you will have a continued healthy pregnancy and soon the wonderful blessing and gift of two beautiful baby girls. I (we) know you will tell them, as you should, about their older sister; how difficult it has been to have babies and what a gift these little angels are to you. We, as you, can hardly wait and we hope you will share your babies with us often. Much love sweeties, Mom and Dad