Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I must admit I was worried.

When Gina told me she had ordered the BabyBeat heartbeat monitor I was worried to say the least. I knew she was already stressing about how the babies were doing and all I could think about was that if she couldn't find the heartbeat there would be nothing but trouble. I told her that the first trip to the ER only to find out everything was fine, and I was taking it away! I didn't want anything to add stress. Fortunately she was able to find the beat if she tried long enough. And I have to admit it is great, and reassuring, to hear them.

She was supposed to return it at the end of September but she held onto it and I'm happy she did. Last night she tells me Baby B has the hiccups so she puts the BabyBeat on her and we can hear her rythmic spasms. It was awesome! It even sounded like a normal hiccup.

It really does add a whole other dimension to falling in love with them before we can actually see and hold them, and it's especially great for daddy because I don't get to really feel them like mommy does!

No comments: