Friday, October 27, 2006

Last night was a beautiful Southern California night.

It was a balmy 70 degrees at 7:00pm. The scent in the air and the feel of the night brought me immediately back to Southern California. Back to one of the best times of my life. There were so many nights working on the patio of Hof's Hut, late night meals after 2 Steppin at the Neon Cactus, Grandma Sugarplum's Cafe Royale and a walk through Naples, and so many nights spent at Disneyland. So many friends that I haven't seen in years and some I just talked to the other day. Yeah, it really was a great time. As memorable as those times were, I know the life I have now and what the future holds will outshine those like the sun does the moon.

So would I trade any of this for all of that? Not in this lifetime. I have a wife I adore and 2 baby girls I'm already in love with...not a chance.

Although, I would like to be able to see my SoCal friends more often, and, of course, would love to go to Disneyland on a whim (or daily...whichever comes sooner!)

I am just so excited about the girls and so anxious to take them to Disneyland and ride King Arthur's Carousel and Dumbo and the Disneyland RR and the Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan and see Mickey and Minnie and Goofy and Pluto and Donald and... and... and...and see it through my childrens' eyes.

All in due time. All in due time.

1 comment:

katintheoc said...

I love that Scott, Laura, Andy and I were part of most of those memories. Thinking about the Neon Cactus sure brings back some fun times. :) Can't wait to see the babies!!