Sunday, November 26, 2006

B-Day minus 12.

I guess this could be considered our 12 days of Christmas. Except this year I'll get the best presents I've ever received. Sure, when I was little I'm sure Santa brought many gifts that were the "best ever" but I'm certain this really will be THE year for the BEST EVER!

Of course, 12 days is the longest we'll have to wait, if they come sooner that'll be good, too. Gina is already having contractions and they're not front or back ones - it's the whole uterus doing its glorious thing, getting ready for the finale of its ultimate purpose.

And so we wait...Gina doesn't sleep well now but I'm like a baby...except for the crying...and the diapers.

And speaking of diapers, we're stocking up on premies. Gina has just ordered a case that, combined with what we already have, will make just about a weeks worth. "How many is that?", you ask. About 200 per week! That's a whole lot of diapers, not to mention the stuff inside them. Our Diaper Champ is definitely going to get a workout.

Baby B cooperated last night and let me feel her move and hiccup. They are so close to the surface now, it's much easier to feel heads and bottoms. I swear they are separated from the outside world by less than 1/2", or so it feels.

Sometimes I think I should be disappointed that I haven't been able to feel them move that much. Truth is, I'm not even phased by it. The way I figure it is that I'll feel them squirm plenty very soon plus all my other senses will be "tickled... soon... very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

12 days!! (at the most) I am so happy for you both and we can't wait to meet them. We hope you both had a happy thanksgiving. By Christmas, your live will be much different. Sleep when they do, as much as you can. Sleep is the only thing we miss from before Robby. I know it will be hard, but try to keep us posted!
Julie, Peter and Robby